Thursday, October 16, 2008

Officially Obsessed

Can't stop, can't stop....reading political OpEds and blogs. I've spent the last 2 hours doing nothing else (baby's taking an extra long nap). A click here, a click there, ...read, ponder, laugh (very funny photo "Face of the Day" and YouTube from the debate last night on The Daily Dish). I think I'm officially obsessed. 

Shower? What's a shower?

The Huffington Post is updated with new blog posts from different writers every few seconds. It's making me crazy because I have to keep checking back to see what else has been posted. Click click.

And I'm not the only one who's obsessed. See: Election Consuming the Lives of Everyone I Know

I send Richard links, he sends different ones to me. Can we just get to the election already so I can stop this and get back to cooking and all of the other things on the increasingly long to-do list??? It's not like any of it is going to change my mind. I voted three weeks ago!

The question is: Will I be able to stop after the election or has this become a habit that won't go away as I track OpEds/blogs on the global financial crisis, corruption (sad, sad front page news about Bulgarian corruption), climate change, etc.??

And I wonder what I did before I had a wireless connection and could carry around my beautiful little Mac (yes, computer love) and click every few moments, even while chasing the child??

Must pull away, must attend to development of child, must close computer...

1 comment:

Susanica said...

I know how you feel. And I think the obsession will continue too. There are just so many interesting writers out there! You have a Mac? Jealous! -Monica