However, Richard is now thoroughly convinced that we have too much "crap"...things that he didn't remember that we had and could have lived without. I suppose there's some of that, and this experience will help us to streamline more than we might if we were living in the same house for 10 years. And I won't mention (okay, I guess I'm mentioning) all the "toys" Richard bought before we left....and when I say toys, I do mean toys: basketball, boche ball set, whiffle balls and bat, tennis racket...luckily he received golf clubs from his sister and brother in-law....and he had to have a grill and grilling tools. And I'm sure I'm forgetting something.
Even with all this "stuff", there are still some things I would like to add -- like an ice cream/sorbet maker. You see, although they have cows and wonderful fruit, it doesn't seem that anyone has figured out how to process the milk to make all of the wonderful dairy products that I love, or make tasty nectars that I so enjoyed in Bulgaria.
So, that's next on my list of "wants" from the "materialistic/need to consume" side of me. Do I need it? Of course not, but mango sorbet sure sounds good right now...or nice creamy ice cream, even if it's made with boxed milk.
I suppose we'll try to get rid of some of the stuff here, but more will ultimately be added....toys are a given I'm sure.
Stuff, stuff, stuff everywhere....
No comments:
Post a Comment