Friday, August 22, 2008

Obligations

I need to blog.

I know it.

I see Pittsburgh, PA and Woodstock, GA checking daily (these are the "rents" locations, so I know the grandparents want new info on the boy),

but...

there's been a resume and cover letter to submit,

roving toddler to say "No" to,

Olympics to watch,

free tickets to stand in line for for Carifesta, which starts tomorrow (more on this later!),

no internet,

shoddy internet that doesn't allow me to post photos that must accompany my planned posts,

not to mention cooking, laundry, organizing stuff...

excuses, excuses!!

I feel panic, anxiety...blogging shouldn't be an obligation.

I decided when I started this blog that I would try to write at least once a week. I'm already falling behind.

Now I see three BIG weekends with many events planned (Carifesta you see, and Richard's BD).  
When to blog??

Don't worry, my thoughts are here, and there.

They just might not get written down for all of you just yet.

2 comments:

Susanica said...

Wow, you're right. Pittsburgh PA and Woodstock, GA do check in with you guys a lot. I thought you hadn't posted cuz you had finally gotten your stuff and were still playing.

Just post when you feel like it Diana. Shoot, blogging shouldn't make you feel pressure. So...whenever you get a chance we'll hear from you then. Have a very fun day okay! -Monica

Anonymous said...

Diana & Richard,

HI!!! This is the 1st time I have posted something to earnest monkeys (or any blog). We have had a very busy summer. But are settling in back to school as of yesterday. I have checked in to see the pictures etc. a few times. The girls and I enjoy seeing pics of Aidan. He's soooo cute! We love him!! Give Richard and "the boy" our love.
We hope to talk to you all soon. Maybe we can schedule a time. Let me know what you think.