Thursday, November 27, 2008

Selfish me and giving thanks

I read my last post and I can't help but feel selfish. At least I have the opportunity to leave. Many don't. This always happens, I feel negative and the next split second, I feel guilty. Because I know that I can leave and have something to look forward to. I can always go back to the States, get a good job, and have never been for want of food. 

Some people can't leave their situation and don't even know where to start to improve it. And I'm not even doing anything yet to help. Even if you can't help the country, you can help a few people. I will find a way, but it's a struggle. I can give you all of the excuses (baby keeps me busy blah blah blah), but I must find something to put my heart and soul into. For the sake of my son. He'll be happier if I'm happier, and I want him to learn that we should always, always look out for others. And give thanks for all that we have, every day, not just on Thanksgiving. 

No comments: