I forgot the funniest morsel of all...one of the best selling local breads is Bakewell bread. So when someone asks me to spell the name, I just say, "like the bread", and then I get a very nice, knowing smile from the asker.
Diana
... OK, I'm going to have to piggyback on this one. So the bread is called Bakewell - yes, that is lovely. Mom, Dad, Susan, Colleen, everybody else - we've finally made the big-time! We're on a bread bag in Guyana! Yeahhhhhhh!!!
Richard
1 comment:
Ha! That's funny that there is a bread with your name on it. Hope it's good bread!
By the way, don't feel bad about having a nanny. When I was in Peace Corps I felt guilty about paying someone to do my laundry, but like people in my town explained, it was a wonderful source of income for the woman who helped me, and let's face it, my clothes looked horrible when I washed em. Just keep the big picture in mind.
Sounds like lots of fun things to learn about and do there by the way! -Monica
Post a Comment